LDAPCP is useful when SharePoint is federated with ADFS (or a similar STS) using WS-Federation or OpenID Connect.
It runs inside SharePoint and queries your Active Directory and LDAP servers to find users and groups:
It can be easily tested by deploying this ARM template in Azure: It creates a full SharePoint farm, configures federation with ADFS and installs LDAPCP.
LDAPCP is fully compatible with all the supported versions of SharePoint Server: SharePoint Subscription, SharePoint 2019, SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2013.
- Fix the search in the people picker.
- Get group membership (augmentation).
- Query multiple Active Directory and LDAP servers in parallel.
- Populate the metadata (e.g. email, display name) of the entities.
- Easy to configure through PowerShell or administration pages.
- No dependency on any SharePoint service application.
LDAPCP is highly customizable to adapt to your requirements:
- Configure the details of the LDAP connection (security options, root container, etc…).
- Customize the display of the results in the people picker.
- Customize the claim types and their mapping with the LDAP objects.
- Enable/disable augmentation.
- Developers can deeply customize LDAPCP to meet specific needs.